Initial teacher training will be changing in September 2021 as we look forward to engaging with the government funded teaching school hub programme. The Kent Teaching School Hub will be replacing the existing teaching schools we currently work with and therefore the details on this page will be updated as soon as we receive further information.
Teaching school alliances are part of the government’s drive to give schools more freedom and to take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system.We are active partners with a number of Teaching School Alliances across Kent. As well as offering training and support for schools within an alliance, teaching schools also support other schools and will identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- lead the development of a school-led Initial Teacher Training system
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
We regularly advertise for a teacher training placement at Loose, following the School Direct route. You can find out more about this opportunity by reading our School Direct Entry Profile below and by taking a look at local Teaching Schools' websites and the UCAS website.