Teaching school alliances are part of the government’s drive to give schools more freedom and to take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system.We are active partners with a number of Teaching School Alliances across Kent. As well as offering training and support for schools within an alliance, teaching schools also support other schools and will identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- lead the development of a school-led Initial Teacher Training system
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
- engage in research and development
We regularly advertise for a teacher training placement at Loose, following the School Direct route. You can find out more about this opportunity by reading our School Direct Entry Profile below and by taking a look at local Teaching Schools' websites and the UCAS website.